fredag den 9. april 2010

BeautyBlog53-March 2010 Favorites

Hi my lovelies,

It's time, albeit a bit late, my March 2010 favorites.

March was all about having my make up be fast, natural and easy.

First off, I've fallen in love with my MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural - my shade is Medium Plus. It has basically replaced my MAC Studio Fix Powder. Why I love it: A more natural finish - less caky finish, a lot lighter coverage and my skin feels soooo soft!



I've been applying my skinfinish with my new favorite brush - the SIGMA SS150 Brush. If you haven't tried or don't know about SIGMA I highly recommend their brushes. They are exact MAC dupes - only 50% off! One of my favorite guru's on YouTube Makeupbytiffanyd is the official spokes person. Check out her review of the brushes here and the SIGMA website here! They ship worldwide and you can either buy the brushes individually from $9, in small sets from $39 and a big professional set + eyeshadows $99.



Another favorite this month is a gift from a dear, dear friend and fellow make-up addict. For my birthday last month, she gave me MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Partial to Pink. I absolutely love this. As opposed to a lot of MAC/lipglosses in general it's not sticky at all. It's very smooth and feels hydrating.



During winter/cold times, my biggest problem is chapped lips. My lips dry like crazy when it's cold outside! I've been looking for the perfect combo for my lips for a while. Now I've found it. The lipstick I've been using a lot lately is the Clarins Joli Rouge lipstick in 702 Rose Sorbet. The color is a slightly darker pink with coral shades. Love it with Partial to Pink over it.



I've been into pinkish and a little shimmery blushes for a while. My ELF Studio Line Blush in Tickled Pink gives me a perfect flushed look. It's also a great dupe for Nars' Blush in Super Orgasm. I paid $1.50 for mine - (got it at 50% off;) the Nars Blush is $26.



After I switched up my facial routine - how I cleanse and take care of my skin - last fall it's been doing really well and looks better than ever. Will do a post on my routine soon! However, I do tend to break out (feels like I'll be a teenager forever, when that happens and I'm 27! hmmm!) Well, a few years back a friend recommended a great spot treatment from Shiseido called the Pureness Blemish Clearing Gel. It is part of their acne medication line and contains salicylic acid, which is supposed to treat the spots. I really like this product. If I feel a break-out on the way, I put the gel on the spot liberally throughout the day and it often helps prevent an actual breakout! It is a bit on the pricier side ($19 for a mere 0.5 Fl. Oz/15 ml) but it last a long time and it's worth it!



Those were my March 2010 favorites.

Please comment and tell me if you've tried any of the products, what you think and what your own favorites are!

xoxo
msbeautyblogger

(photos: web.me.com, 1.bp.blogspot.com, 3.bp.blogspot.com, lookfantastic.com, sca.shiseido.com)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar