fredag den 16. juli 2010

BeautyBlog60-Korean Skin Care Laníege

Hi Lovelies,

In Korea I found the most amazing skin care line. I had done a bit of research before I left for Korea but I had no idea just HOW big skin care is in Korea.

Skin - clean, perfect and white! - is big in Korea. Walking around Myoeng-Dong - one of the best shopping areas in Seoul - every other store is a skin care store. Some of the biggest brands are The Face Shop, Skin Food, It's Skin, Nature Republic, Etude House and so many others.

All of them sell loads of stuff - make up, body lotions and so many skin care products! Face masks in numerous versions. I got several different kinds and I will go through all of that and the make up I got in a future post.

This post is dedicated to my new skin care system: Laneíge - "Snow" in French. Clear skin is the number 1 thing in Korea. Actually, the name snow is not a coincidence. A lot of the skin care products in Korea contain whitening stuff! White clear skin is IN in Korea. For me being tan is nice and staying out of the sun feels unnatural, however Korean women don't like the sun. They love sunscreen, sun hats, umbrellas and the shade! It's scary to see how many things contain whitening - even Nivea body lotion. But I guess it's like us Westernes loving the sun, self tanner, sun tanning beds (ewwwww) and just lazing around under the sun to get that sun-kissed tan.

Well, back to Laniegé. The skin care line is pretty high end compared to a lot of the other Korean skin care products. I spent around 100 US dollars on my basic products but it was so worth it!

Read more about the line here: www.laniege.com

The spokes person for Laneige is the hugely popular actress Song Hye Kyo.





I mean if I can get to look like her, then I'm hooked! :)

I got two products from the Basic Care line:

The Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light (Combination Oily Skin) is my new toner. It is very light and has the most amazing scent. It has a soft flowery scent and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.



I also got the Laneige Balancing Emulsion Light Lotion. The light weight formula with purifying and hydro balancing care leaves my skin feeling refresh and clear.



I use those two and my Clinique Dramatically Moisturizer in the morning.

At night I add one more step from the Water Bank line between the toner and emulsion:

The Water Bank Essence, which is a long-lasting moisture essence for smooth and clear skin texture! The essence is a deep functioning version.



Since I began this routine almost two weeks ago my skin has become a lot more hydrated. Also I wake up in the morning and my skin feels the same as it did when I had just washed and cleansed it.

I was so fortunate to be given a lot of Laneíge products as gifts, so I have loads of refills now and I will also be trying out the:

Water Bank Gel Cream, which is a gel-type moisture cream that soothes the skin with a cool, invigorating texture!



I was also given the Water Sleeping Pack_EX, which is a light gel-type texture provides intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation. I have yet to try this but you basically apply it in a thin layer - it dries and you sleep with it. It is supposed to give a lot of moisture and work with the skin during the night. I can't wait to try this.



I also wanted to try the much talked about Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel is a cellulose and enzyme peeling gel, which gently removes dead cell and impurities brining back clear and soft skin. I have yet to try this out as well but I will let you know what I think about it!



I also got the popular Laneige new UV protecting Sliding Pact, which lightly sildes and fits on my skin, effectively absorbing excess sebum to portray longlasting powdery skin. It mattifies my skin and has the nicest clean scent. I love it. I got it in Medium Beige.





I am so exited about my new products. The last year or so, ever since I definitively said goodbye to the Clinique soap and toner, I've been looking for a series to fit my skin. This works amazingly and it does not dry or irritate my skin. And the products not too expensive. The toner and lotion are around 25 US dollars each - the essence and the other things are more expensive though.

Hope you enjoyed this!

xoxo
msbeautyblogger

(photos: laneige.com, cherryxblossoms.files.wordpress.com)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar