søndag den 23. maj 2010

BeautyBlog55- My current wish list

Hi my lovelies,

Lately, I've been dreaming about the kind of make up hauls I used to do when I lived in the U.S. and could actually afford to buy make up from department & drugstore brands.

Fortunately, I will be coming into contact with a Sephora in the near future, when I travel to Rome in the end of June. If you don't know what a Sephora is then think: BEAUTY heaven! The company is French but has branches in a lot of European countries and in the U.S. where all beauty-related is gathered in a heavenly combination of make up, hair and skin care products. It was one of my favorite places to shop while I lived in Washington D.C. where the one on M-street was huge AND allowed me to cash in on Ole Henriksen products at half the Danish price!

One of my favorite Danish bloggers, Maria @ Modemedmere also love Sephora. Check out her blog!

A lot of my current make up wishes can be bought at Sephora and I hope to bring home a few, when I go to Rome for four days of sightseeing, sunshine and a bit of shopping of course.

Now on to the list:

1: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Foundation!



For such a long time I've heard rave reviews of this product! Maria also bought it recently. And basically every beauty guru on YouTube has raved about it.

According to Sephora this is an oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. This foundation creates a soft-focus effect, which is designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It leaves your complexion with such a flawless finish, it can withstand bright or harsh lighting.

Check out littlemissglitters review here.

2: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer



So since it's getting warmer and summery, I don't like to wear that much make up, and as I tan and since my skin has improved a lot over the last year or so, I've been wanting to try out Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. It will be perfect for light make up days. I've been into the very natural skin, eyes, lips and only a flushed cheek look lately. Loads of people rave about the Laura Mercier products including three of my faves: JuicyStar07, Allthatglitters21 and KandeeJohnson.

3: Nars Lipgloss in Striptease



Now everyone talks about the NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight, but from the Shesido swatches, I can tell it will be too milky and white-looking for my lips. I however have fallen in love with the one in the color Striptease. Several of my favorite YouTube gurus swear by Nars lipglosses. I personally love lip products but when it comes to lipglosses, I'm pretty hard to please. I don't want them too sticky, too glittery, too think or too dark. They have to be smooth, shimmery rather than full on glitter, only slightly pigmented, creamy and I want them to smell nice;)

4: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

After watching loads of videos, including one from a favorite of mine DulceCandy87 and by xkellyxann, I wanna try it. I need a spot treatment that actually works. My skin has improved - skin care blog coming up - tremendously over the last year or so, however, I still suffer from the occasional nightmare break out/scary big pimple. I've been using a spot treatment from Shiseido, which has been okay but it's been almost the 24 months I can use it so I am looking for something new.



The Drying Lotion, according to Mario Badescu,is an excellent acne spot treatment made with a blend of Calamine and Salicylic Acid to clear up and soothe unsightly whiteheads overnight. A dab of this lotion will heal and dry pimples quickly.

5: The Clarisonic
So I probably won't splurge and spend the 200 dollars on a Clarisonic right now...I will have to do some saving first BUT I really want to get this one. Everyone is talking about it. It's like a facial cleanser at home! It will brighten your skin and it deep cleanses your skin so well, especially important if you use a lot of make up! I'm dying to try this combo w/ the Philosophy Purity cleansing products;)



The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface.

Experience the benefits of Clarisonic:- 6X more effective makeup removal- Skin is left soft and smooth- Cleanses so well that products absorb better- Gentle enough for use twice daily- Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches, and blemishes- Reduces the appearance of visible pores- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - I mean, what is not to love!?!?

What are you dreaming about?

xoxo
msbeautyblogger

(photos: sephora.com, narscosmetics.com, mariobadescu.com )

1 kommentar:

  1. Love the nars lipgloss and LOVE my clarisonic! They are doing a giveaway on twitter as soon as they hit 7,500 followers- you should check it out and tell others to join so one of us can get a FREE clarisonic!

    Keep up the blogging!

    SvarSlet