Hi my lovelies,
I've had time to mull over the many beautiful gowns from last night's Oscars! There were some show stoppers and some no no's!
Here are my top 10 best dressed and top 5 worst dressed lists:
TOP 10 - Bringin' it to the Red Carpet A-list-style
1) Sandra Bullock looked just radiant in a Marchesa silver beaded column gown with embroidered illusion bodice. She also looked soooo thin! But I guess it's that's what a best actress nomination does to you! On the red carpet, I felt like the lipstick was not the right color but during the show and her acceptance speech it was just perfection - right down to her hair and thank you speech!
2) Maggie Gyllenhall shows she's a true A-lister in this beautiful Dries Van Noten gown with a swirl of bright blue colors that fades into white! Her style is never over the top, it's just right! She is just so elegant and it seems so effortless! A+ for that performance!
3) - Zoe Saldana's Givenchy dress took me a while to get used to but in this picture she looks absolutely stunning. The gorgous paired a sequined bodice with a explosion of shades of purple on the bottom. I don't like the slit in the middle but it looks absolutely amazing when she is not trying to walk down the stairs on stage! The thing about her is that she is THE most beautiful -. in my opinion - star on any red carpet. Just look at that face and posture! WOW!
4) Anna Kendrick did not take any chances in this light pink mousseline hand draped Elie Saab Haute Couture with a cap sleeve, delicate applique at the bust and a slit line with Chantilly lace. She went with what she knew would fit her skin tone, her body all combined in the draped and lingerie trend. And she does it so well!
5) Demi Moore's entrance on the red carpet...In the words of Demi's stylist Rachel Zoe: I die! She killed it last night. Her Atelier Versace strapless silk organza blush tone gown with a full tiered skirt and a rose detail made her look both glamours and modern! I did not like the clutch and was kind of so so on her hair but other than that: I die!
6) Penelope Cruz could have been a bit more bold than her classy Donna Karan Couture but the color looks incredible on her and she for one can wear the heavy layered train and strong top! Her hair was bit more messy and laid back than the traditional sleek look I love on her but she still brings out all the Hollywood glamour when she works the red carpet like the A-pro she is!
7) Rachel McAdams made me sit up and take notice last night. Her Elie Saab Haute Couture strapless gown made with panels of organza and mousseline with a sweetheart neckline and hand pleated bodice in a romantic print containing shades of pinks, blues and greens was one of the most exquisite dresses last night. She looked so beautiful!
8) Elizabeth Banks looks dazzling in a Versace gown. The grey dress with a tight sculpted top fills out the dress giving her the vivacious look as it flows down the past her feet. She looked amazing and it was nice to see something besides nudes, blues and golden tones!
9) Miley Cyrus impressed on the red carpet in this champagne colored Jenny Packham gown. It fit her perfectly! When you're just 17! it's about keeping it simple and not too old for your age! She does it effortlessly here! Although standing up straight and pulling back those shoulders wouldn't hurt!
10) Vera Farmiga actually looked stunning in her Marquesa dress. The ruffles and lots of asymmetrical flow suited her body but her hair was too messy and her make up could have been better! Still the dress worked even though it was very Nicole Kidman but I guess it was eventually free since Kidman was a no show last night!
- Kate Winslet looked radiant in a stunning strapless Yves Saint Laurent creation. The dress itself was actually only so so but she worked it with a $2.5 million yellow diamond necklace by Tiffany & Co.! She is so old glam it's ridiculous! Gone are the dreadful days of Titanic and instead is a beautiful woman!
- Anika Noni Rose looks absolutely stunning in this pale golden dress with sprinkled in golden beading. Like a princess! The star of The Princess and the Frog sparkled on the red carpet! I couldn't find the designer!
- Carey Mulligan looked very pretty in her Prada black strapless dress with a voluminous skirt and train in “Raso Doppio Tec” – a unique material made of silk and for a modern look. I did not care so much for the train but it was very 1950s! The top was to die for and her boyish hairstyle works for her!
1) Sarah Jessica Parker...sorry - the make up and hair was some of the best but the dress is not Oscar worthy! It was couture - Chanel Couture - and very easter egg if you ask me! It's often either hit or miss with Mrs. Broderick if you ask me! To be fair it looks better in real life than on these pictures. But still!
2) Suzy Amis. O M G. She looks just terrible, way older than she is, her hair terrible (did they color it gray or is she just getting that old? late 40s I mean that it just not good!) and her dress just a misfit! She looks old and way too thin! Please cover up! The dress was made by 21 year old Michigan State University student Jillian Granz.
3) Nicole Richie - excuse me or did she just call up JLO and ask to borrow a dress? The Reem Acra gown is way too glitzy glam! I do however like her hair and make up, she looks a more grown up but here's my question: what is she doing at the Academy Awards in the first place?
4) Molly Ringwald - Molly, Molly, Molly...purple is great in red heads but this somehow comes off Star Trek - jewelry and hair is just a misfit and the dress also seem a bit odd in the fit. Don't have the designer name!
5) Jennifer Lopez showed why she is still a diva. The futuristic, tiered and bunched Armani Prive dress weighs her down - she actually looks a lot thinner than usual but this dress makes her look bulky and it's just too much. Very Beyoncé in the bad way! It did however look pretty good on stage!
That's it for now! Please share your thoughts w me in the comment section!
(photos: justjared, zimbo)