torsdag den 25. marts 2010

BeautyBlog48-I HEART fur!

Hi my lovelies,

I wanted to share with you my love of fur!







I know that there are people out there including several of my friends, who do not like real fur - I respect and accept them, so I hope you'll do the same for me. I grew up around fur production as well, so I may have a different take on how fur comes to exist.

So today I went to Kopenhagen Fur International Show 2010 and I loved it as always. The high light of the International Show is the fashion show. See the video here. The fashion show this year was one of the best ever. Especially, because it was so cutting edge as opposed to previous years, where it was often a bit too traditional with just one long coat after another. This year the director of Style Counsel and a big love of mine Uffe Buchard had put together a great show that really broadcast all the new ways in which fur is being used by designers in new ways all around the world.



I will try and post pictures ASAP - waiting for really good ones from the website otherwise, I'll upload my iPhone shots.

In the mean time check out COPENHAGEN FASHION WEEK OPENING SHOW BY KOPENHAGEN FUR video here, which features a lot of the things I saw today!

A little extra info for all of you fashion fur loving people out there:

Fur is really big in fashion this year, and the fur on the April auction may break all previous records. According to the website of Kopenhagen Fur, the Danish fur industry sells close to 18 million skins each year and Kopenhagen Fur is thereby the world’s largest fur auction house and the leading provider of luxury fur. Also Kopenhagen Fur has a turnover of 5 billion Danish kroner (880 million USD) per year and Fur skins are Denmark’s largest export commodity to the booming economy in Hong Kong/China.

Winter 2010/11 will be soooo big when it comes to fur. What I love most about the new designs are the way designers have taken to using fur. Not just the Dynasty Alexis Carrington way- although I loved the 80s glam as well.



No less than 54 out of the 70 designers in the last NYC fashion week showcased collections included fur - on hats, collars, dresses, boots, purses, etc. As The New York magazine wrote: "It's a fur day, it's a fur week... A season of lots of furs and skins." - (Kopenhagenfur.com)

Let me show you a bit of what the international fashion designers gave us to dream about during fashion week:












So I hope you see all the loveliness I see when it comes to fur!

Also - please leave a comment! I'd SOOOOO love to know that someone is actually reading my blog. I get comments from people on Facebook etc. saying they want to but don't feel like they have anything to say about fashion or make up - doesn't matter. Just knowing you're out there reading will make my day!

xoxo

msbeautyblogger

(photos: elle.dk, kopenhagenfur.com, petulantrumblings.com)

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hej Søde Mira,

    Jeg læser flittigt med på din blog :-) Da du startede din blog læste jeg allerede med på adskillige mode/skønhedsblogs, så din røg med på listen over dem der bliver tjekket jævnligt. Jeg synes det er super interessant at læse med på din - det giver lige som en ekstra dimension når man kender dig IRL.

    Mht. det som dit indlæg egentlig handler om, så har jeg også altid været fascineret af pels og synes det er vildt flot. Jeg er lige som dig vokset op på landet omkring dyrehold og pelsfarme og jeg tror det gør at man får et andet forhold til hele "anti-pels" debatten. For mig er der i hvert fald ikke den store forskel på at gå i pels, have en lædersofa og at spise en stor bøf :-)

    KH Ditte

    SvarSlet
  2. JEG FØLGER OGSÅ MED!!!:) Har tilføjet dig på bloglovin, så nu får jeg opdateringer fra dig sammen med de andre...og synes kun noget pels er flot...er f.eks. ret vild med nr.9 oppefra (har lige siddet og talt:)).

    GO MIRA!:)
    Kram Thing

    SvarSlet
  3. Fantastisk med kommentarer! Skønt skønt! I er jo fantastiske damer!

    SvarSlet