torsdag den 26. august 2010

BeautyBlog67-Skin Care 101

Hey Lovelies!

Part 2 of Beauty 101 coming right at ya! Sorry for the delay! Here are my go to skin care products + a bit more!

Disclaimer: I have oily combination skin so the majority of these products are targeted my skin type! I do however, try to give other suggestions.

As you may know, if you've been following my blog for a while, I simply love my Cetaphil cleanser. I raved about it several times! (My skin care routine and Five Fab Favorites) It's great for any kind of skin - it doesn't really lather but it cleanses really well! You can find this at CVS 7-9 dollars. Enough for several months and I'm never going back to Clinique soap!

BTW: Before using my Cetaphil, I always remove my make up with a baby wipe so the soap can really cleanse the skin! The trick to perfect skin without make-up break outs!

I also love LUSH! (Shout-out to AC for introducing me to this amazing brand) So if you're able to get your hands on anything LUSH then be sure to check out their face products! I love Dark Angels but it's for oily skin only - check out Angels on bare skin or any of the other amazing body/bath products like bath boms, bath melts and soaps! Makes bath time fun and luxurious;)

You can order LUSH products from the UK to DK from this website lush.co.uk

These are some other YouTube hyped products I've either tried out or is dying to try out!

Purity Made Simple Cleanser - I think it's like Cetaphil (the expensive 20 dollar version) but I still wanna try it out to see what all the fuss is about! It can only be bought at Sephora or Ulta in the U.S.

Since I have a special fondness for all things Ole Henriksen I have also been eyeing his Three Little Wonders kit but it is 70 dollars in the U.S. and probably outrageously expensive in Denmark! I don't understand why Danes cannot buy Ole's products from his U.S. online store! BTW: I used to loooove his little green lip balm - retails for around 15 dollars.

Another YouTube hyped favorite is the Fresh Soy Cleanser, which I really wanna give a try. Normally, foam cleansers are not great for my skin but it has improved and loads of people say it's the bomb... Additionally, their Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is getting a lot of attention on blogs and YouTube.

Always wanted to try Kiehl's. I've heard many good things about their shampoos, their lip balms and of course their Creme De Corps. Did any of you try any of their products? Please let me know if I should give it a chance!?

I've dreamt of getting the Clarisonic Mia ever since I first saw it reviewed on YouTube. I've been using the Neutrogena Wave cleanser (check out my review here) but it broke and now I'm saving up for a CM - but 200 dollars...!?

For facial moisturizer I use my beloved Laniege skin care products. AND I still swear by the Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion for extra moisture. I am also in love with the Clinique All About Eyes creme! Give it a try. You will love it!

However, here are a few drug store face lotions I've heard a lot of good things about:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15
Clean and Clear Finishes Pore Perfecting Moisturizer
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Spf 30

Drugstore must have face-scrubs/masks/suggestions!

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask - again check out my mini review - it's a must have...! 3 dollars. Think you may be able to find it online on ebay or so.

St. Ives Blemish And Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub - if this is too harsh for your skin then try the one for sensitive skin! I love this products but have been using my Dark Angels instead, since my St. Ives ran out!

Clean and Clear products! Used them back in 2001 and found them too teenage-like but when I got back on the wagon in 2008 they had improved and have a lot of great affordable products. Very much a cheaper version of Neutrogena products now also sold in Denmark! I got a face scrub from Føtex. Recently I was sent the MORNING BURST® In-Shower Facial by a wonderful friend in the U.S. and I can really recommend this if you can get your hands on it

Last but not least I love the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - great for removing black/white heads!

So that was it for my skin care 101

Hope you liked it!

Any questions or comments are very very welcome - just leave them below!

xoxo
msbeautyblogger

1 kommentar:

  1. We are excited to see that Clarisonic has made your wish list. If you have any questions please let us know. We are here to help. Find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or via email info@clarisonic.com. We'd love to hear from you. Happy Shopping!

    SvarSlet