mandag den 18. januar 2010

BeautyBlog24 - Golden Globes Fashion Wrap 2010

Hi my lovelies,

Last night the stars shined on the red carpet at the 67th annual Golden Globes! I was thrilled to see Meryl Streep break the all time nomination/awards record, when she took home the globe for best actress in a comedy - Julie and Julia. Her speech was classic Meryl:

"I just wanna say that I, in my long career, played so many extraordinary women that basically I’m getting mistaken for one. No really, I’m very clear about the fact that I’m the vessel for other people’s stories and other women’s lifes. And this year I got to play, not only one of the most beloved women in America, Julia Child, but I also got to secretly pay homage to my own personal, not so famous, hero. That’s my mother, who shared – who’s of the same generation as Julia – who shared her verve. Lot of the people in this room knew my mother and knew that she had a real joy in living and she just had no patience for gloom and doom. I’m not like that (laughter). I come to Golden Globes weekend. And I am really honestly conflicted how to have my happy movie self in the face of everything in that I’m aware of, in the real world. And I wanna say that that’s when I have my mother’s voice coming to me, saying ‘Partners in Health. Shoot some money to Partners in Health. Put the dress on. Put on a smile and be damn grateful that you have the dollars to help, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day’. I am really grateful. I am really grateful. So thank you!" - from SimplyStreep.com

But onto what this blog is really about - the amazing dresses exhibited on the rain stricken Red Carpet last night! In the light of the recent earth quake a lot of stars wore blue, red and yellow ribbons on their clothing. And black was once again back on the carpet! I picked my favorite and my least favorite for you to take a look at! Let me know what you think!

Here is my top 10 best dressed (pink/nudes, purples and black):



1) Maggie Gyllenhaal: Looking absolutely stunning in a perfectly sculpted peachy pink dress from RM by Roland Mouret. Her style is always interesting and to me sometimes slightly off but this was a perfect 10!



2) Emily Blunt: Of all the pink and pale nude colors on the Red Carpet one of the finest versions is this strapless chiffon Dolce & Gabbana. She looks great! Effortless glamor and although her hair suits the dress I would have like it pulled back into a soft hair do!



3) Penelope Cruz: Shined in a Giorgio Armani Prive lace gown with horizontal ribbon striping and 69 carats of Chopard diamonds. She always kills on the red carpet! And I absolutely loved this dress on her!



4) Rose Byrne: One of the hottest trends on the red carpet was purple, and Ms. Byrnes showed it off, oh so very well in a Lanvin gown, with Stephen Russell brooches added for extra pop. Loved the old Hollywood glam approach!



5) Sandra Bullock - I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the dress itself - especially the material - but the woman inside is great! And this year could be her year! Winning the second award in a week for she looked better than ever, when she stepped onto the red carpet in this strapless gown by Bottega Veneta. I have yet to see The blind side but her performance in The Proposal was greater than great! (Although not great enough to beat 2 x Meryl).



6) Elisabetta Canalis: The face of Roberto Cavalli lingerie, wore a pale pink custom gown with sexy cutouts and plunging neckline by the designer. Everything I would expect the girlfriend of Mr. Clooney to show up in at an award show - it takes quite the dress to impress when you're competing with the most wanted man on the planet:) A side note: I could see Jennifer Aniston working it in this dress as well!



7) Lea Michele: She may be a newbie to the award show universe but on the red carpet she was strictly A-list last night. Looking gorgeous in this Oscar de la Renta couture dress.



8) Zoe Saldana: This girl looks amazing! And stepping onto the Red Carpet in this ruffled maroon dress by Louis Vuitton only made it better! The layered texture and wonderful color made a bold statement in midsts of all the black, purple and pink.



9) Courtney Cox: This amazing looking cougar (star of Cougar Town) is just pure perfection in this black figure hugging creation by Victoria Beckham! I couldn't find a better picture - sorry! And the rain is also in the shot! However, Courtney looks amazing! Her hair and jewllery perfectly matched the dress! Still A-list all the way!



10) Jennifer Aniston - because I too want to be able to pull off that slit and that body when I'm in my 40s! She looks amazing in this Valentino dress slit to the thigh - even though some may say it's just another black dress. But hey - I love black dresses!

Honorable mentions:



1) Amy Adams: Expecting her first child later this year, this confident dresser appeared more beautiful and glowing than ever!
Wearing a custom-made Carolina Herrera forest green silk faille dress with a brooch from Herrara’s personal collection, she showed us all how to bring that old Hollywood glamour to the table even when there's a baby on board!



2) Kate Winslet: Last year's it-girl in movies showed off her great figure in this classy Yves Saint Laurent dress. Jewelry and styling also looked amazing - this girl has class! The reason she did not make it to the top ten it reminded me a bit too much of her Academy Award dress from 2009 - which I adored but the style is a bit too similar.



3) Toni Collette: A golden as the Golden Globe she won for Best Actress in a TV series Ms. Collette, who I've been loving more and more (I admit it - she won me over in the sweet "In her shoes") looked great in her sparkly Elie Saab dress. She is often a hit or miss with me on the red carpet, but more recently the hits have outweighed the misses - so go Toni - enjoy the praise - you surely deserve it!

And then onto the worst:



1) Julia Roberts: As a nominee it's okay to dress up! I actually expect them too! So showing up in this nice but tame - I'm going out for a lunch date or a nice dinner just doesn't cut it! I mean: Julia crank it up a notch will ya!



2) Tina Fey: Sorry to say but yet again Tina Fey shows that her talents are not in the fashion department - not that it matters because we love her anyway and 30 Rock is the funniest thing ever - but this Zac Posen dress does her no justice! She should have gone with a dark midnight blue off the shoulder floor length dress. It would have looked like a million dollars! The white and black snake print ending just above her ankles was just unflattering! Also, the umbrella makes her kinda Mary Poppins!



3) Heidi Klum: She walked the Victoria Secret Fashion Show runway only months after her fourth baby was born and she looked just amazing! I mean who does that other than Heidi Klum. Well, her Roberto Cavalli dress last night reminded me of a cheap Barbie dress. Sorry to say so but Auf Wiedersehen, Ms. Klum.



4) Julianne Moore: When she picks the right dress, she is one of the most stunning women on the red carpet for sure. But last night she more than failed the test in an ill-fitting unflattering Balenciaga gown. However, her stunning Bulgari jewels — yellow and white gold earrings were a strong plus in an otherwise bland outfit!

xoxo
msbeautyblogger

(photos: justjared.buzznet.com and thehothits.com)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar